Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Just Like High School---Almost Missed the Bus!

Day 22-Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Early start to the Rio Esteban school again today. The power went out in the middle of the night and Bekah and I may or may not have woken up at like 6:05..the bus comes at 6:20...15 minutes..not too shabby! we got ready, i gave bekah reality awareness training (ex. dont straighten your hair/put on make-up when it's 6:20). We ran down the hill and made it JUST in time.
At the school, I had to help Daneli, Fernando, and Joni do workbooks. Again, a difficult and partially daunting task. Fernando didnt have a workbook to work out of, so he had to copy down every sentence. He was very frustrated and didnt work for a while. Bictelia then told me that he doesnt have a book because his parents didnt buy him one. I felt horrible after that and didnt make him copy the sentences.
Today was "gym class" day, so we played blob tag and soccer. We then worked in the air conditioned room for 15-20 minutes...that was refreshing! I then did flashcards (math, english) with Fernando and some of the 3rd grade class.
Eduardo came over and so kindly got us juice and mangos. He's so sweet....always giving us stuff! He said he wants to take us cliff jumping in "rio coco" on Saturday with a picnic...i hope he does! we'd feel more Honduran! haha
We took the bus home and I sat by Adriana again. She told me that her parents and younger sister are in America but left her back to stay with her Grandma. I asked why and she said, "they didn't want me to come" and looked sad. I'm sure there's a reason, but to a kid, they cant understand. I felt bad. I just told her that it was probably so she could stay and go to school to try and cheer her up.
We climbed up the hill and chilled/worked a little, then we had dinner. Watched the movie about the brain surgeon with the miracle hands. GREAT movie!

-Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment